Advertising Opportunity

SSB Home | SSB Forums

Advertising Opportunity

Monday, March 29, 2010

The Air Jordan Anniversary releases, flopping?

So when Jordan Brand came up with the idea of releasing all white Jordan's and calling them the 25th Anniversary's I have to say initially I was kind of excited, however with the releases so far they seem to all be flopping, I, II, III, IV, and IX with the exception of the all white AJ 2010 which was limited. So I ask these questions, are they flopping because of people saving up for the already great line of retro's set to release this year, like the VI's, IX's, XI's etc? Are they flopping because when you hear something like anniversary edition you expect something unique about the releases, instead you get Pure III & IV's that are pretty much the same thing that released in recent years? Seriously JB went a long way to build the hype around the 3 releases this past weekend III, IV & IX's with contests and spreading the shoes out to make it like a hunt for all 3, is it flopping? As I type this on a Monday morning I see Eastbay still has a full size run of the III & IV, Finishline still has the IX's and almost everywhere still has the I and II. Are we all sleeping on releases that will become something special later or what? Comment away people, I'd like to know your opinion.

2 comments:

  1. The all white colorways are uninspiring and not really all that special. They should have put some thought into such a historic milestone and released exclusive colorways (with special packaging of course) for the most popular shoes (IV, III, XI, etc.).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the two factors that you stated in your blog hit the nail on the head so to speak. A 25th anniv. shoe should be something more special than a 'Pure' re-release. Combined with the fact that most people have seriously limited budgets - like myself - the retros are definitely the preferred buy. That being said, I believe if JB would have come out with a better looking line-up for the 25th anniv. editions, people would have made more of an effort to cop.

    ReplyDelete