Advertising Opportunity

SSB Home | SSB Forums

Advertising Opportunity

Monday, June 21, 2010

John Wall - Signs with Reebok

John Wall has signed a 5-year, $25 million deal with Reebok. Wall has plans that go beyond the basketball court, "The impact was basically me wanting to go where it's best for me and what can help build my brand and make me more marketable and having a better image."

John Wall Reebok

Now before I get to deep into this discussion I know Nike has the basketball market locked up. But could the fact that Nike has it on lock be the reason guys like Derrick Rose (Adidas) and John Wall are opting to go with other brands? Or are they just testing the waters much like Vince Carter did with Puma (Yikes) or D. Wade tested the waters with Converse? Both Vince and Wade eventually were lured under the Nike umbrella. The question is will there be another athlete to take a sneaker company above Nike or does Nike just have locked up?

Either way congrats to John Wall for signing a sneaker deal worth $25 million.

No comments:

Post a Comment